A Focus on Open Standards
RF Code takes an open approach to developing and delivering its real time asset management and wire-free environmental solutions. This open approach protects a customer’s current IT investments while expanding the power and capability of those investments by adding RF Code-generated asset management and/or environmental data.
RF Code’s commitment to open standards provides unique advantages:
- Greater security: All meaningful, sensitive asset information resides within the secure software database, not in the air or on the tag. There’s no way for even “harmless” tag ID information to be intercepted and read, unlike in a bi-directional solutions.
- Scalability: One reader can manage thousands of tags simultaneously.
- Longer tag life: Power saving technology enables long battery life while maintaining real time alerting and meticulous monitoring.
- Design integrity: Tags and readers meet a number of customer-required specifications around all these issues. Solutions have been field tested and operational for over 10 years.
- Lower cost: Solutions are typically much more affordable, often costing as much as 50% less.
Among other things, this open approach involves:
- Open APIs into our solutions at the hardware, middleware and application layers
- The support of open technology standards such as SNMP, OPC, JMX, Modbus, BACnet and many others
- Easy integration with mainstream applications such as ERP, BMS, DCIM, Healthcare Tracking, Container Tracking and Returnable Goods Tracking systems, through such standards as XML, JSON, Web APIs and others.