Join the RF Code Team
RF Code is searching for a strong leader in software engineering to foster a robust working environment and lead the development of our software solutions.
RF Code’s solutions deliver intelligence for the data center, empowering our customers to avoid risk and increase efficiency through real-time physical asset and environmental management. Our solution, which includes both hardware and software components, has been deployed at hundreds of enterprise-class customers around the globe including IBM, Dell, HP, Bloomberg, and CenturyLink…plus many more that we aren’t allowed to mention.
We are committed to fostering a fun, stimulating work environment that focuses on collaboration and results while encouraging a healthy work-life balance. We attract some of the best talent in the industry with opportunities to learn and grow while making a real contribution to the success of our customers and our business.
As Director of Software Engineering, you will report to the Chief Technical Officer. You will be responsible for building RF Code’s software team, implementing best practices for software development, and providing leadership, structure, and direction for the team. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, adapting to ever-changing business needs.
RF Code takes our culture seriously and this is a leadership position, so it is important that you work well with others and exhibit a positive, proactive attitude.
- Lead, challenge, and inspire a talented group of software engineers throughout the product life cycle. Provide technical vision and direction for the team
- Hire, develop, and retain engineers to build and maintain a highly functional team.
- Work closely with Product Management and UX Architect to execute a unified product vision. Participate in roadmap development and product planning. Provide feedback on requirements.
- Collaborate with the executive team and other groups such as Software Test, Documentation, Services, Support, and Sales as appropriate..
- Manage software engineering projects, schedules, budget, and resource allocation.
- Facilitate process improvements, meetings, customer and stakeholder collaboration, and removal of impediments as Scrum Master in our agile development process.
- Orchestrate external vendor development.
- Explore and champion new ideas and technology. Drive product innovation and advocate for smart risks.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field; a Master’s degree in a software-related field is preferred.
- 10+ years of technical experience with a variety of technical stacks and programming languages.
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading technical employees.
- Strong technical and analytical skillset; user experience insight is ideal.
- Successful record delivering enterprise-class software deployed on-premise. Experience with SaaS architectures and deployment models is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of software development best practices such as those related to continuous integration, automated testing, and version control.
- Strong people skills, with an ability to motivate teams of high-powered individuals to work together to achieve stellar results. A positive attitude is a must.
Superb project management skills with a proven track record working in an agile methodology such as Scrum. Scrum Master Certification is ideal. Accountability in delivering on customer and business commitments is critical.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with experience working with technical teams to develop and document designs that fulfill product requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with emphasis on making data-driven decisions.
In addition, you should be:
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience, and learn from others.
- Able to work out of our Austin office, with occasional travel as needed.
About RF Code
RF Code is headquartered in Austin, TX, with offices and partners in Europe, Australia, Asia and South America, and is an equal opportunity employer. RF Code offers excellent benefits (equity, medical, dental, 401k, flexible work hours, paid time off, and more) and a great work environment. If you are ready to grow, let’s talk! Please send your resume to email@example.com.