Join the RF Code Team
RF Code is searching for an experienced Technical Product Manager to define and drive new features for the next generation of our hardware products.
RF Code’s solutions deliver intelligence for the data center, empowering our customers to avoid risk, and increase efficiency through real-time physical asset and environmental management. Our solution, which includes both hardware and software components, has been deployed at hundreds of enterprise-class customers around the globe including IBM, Dell, HP, Bloomberg, and CenturyLink…plus many more that we aren’t allowed to mention.
We are committed to fostering a fun, stimulating work environment that focuses on collaboration and results while encouraging a healthy work-life balance. We attract some of the best talent in the industry with opportunities to learn and grow while making a real contribution to the success of our customers and our business.
As Hardware Technical Product Manager, you will participate in the development of product strategy and roadmaps, develop a clear backlog of actionable, prioritized requirements, and act as the primary point of contact between the hardware engineering team and other stakeholders. If you are someone who can manage change over the lifecycle of a project – leading with vision, planning with foresight, executing with precision – then this is a great role for you.
- Work with the Directory of Hardware Engineering to lead and refine the research and development process. Represent customers and stakeholders in the process, facilitating their direct participation when appropriate.
- Develop and maintain requirements aligned with the product roadmap, customer needs, and business plans.
- Drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion while communicating clear priorities to the team.
- Monitor and communicate project status to stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Director of Product Management and Marketing, the Software Technical Product Manager, the UX Architect, and the Director of Hardware Engineering to execute a unified product vision.
- Work closely with the Support team to prioritize and manage customer issues that escalate to the hardware engineering team.
- Maintain a focus on quality, superior user experience, timeliness, and cost-effectiveness with the team.
- Explore and champion new ideas, markets, and technology. Drive product innovation and advocate for smart risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or Business.
- 3+ years of experience in Technical Product Management with hardware products.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in a technical industry, preferably with Internet of Things (IoT), WiFi, or similar hardware. First-hand experience with data centers is a significant plus.
- Experience with various worldwide electrical and RF-related device test requirements and certifications.
- Strong people skills, with an ability to interact and build consensus with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders spanning all organizational levels. A positive attitude is a must.
- Superb project management skills and a solid track record working in an agile methodology such as Scrum or Kanban. Accountability in delivering on customer and business commitments is critical. Scrum Product Owner Certification, Kanban Management Professional training, or familiarity with the Pragmatic Marketing Framework is a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with experience writing functional requirements and specifications in a way easily implementable by a hardware engineering team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with emphasis on making data-driven decisions.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be:
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated, proactively identifying problems, and proposing solutions without being asked
- Willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience, and learn from others.
- Able to work out of our Austin office, with occasional travel as needed.
RF Code is headquartered in Austin, TX, with offices and partners in Europe, Australia, Asia, and South America, and is an equal opportunity employer. RF Code offers excellent benefits (equity, medical, dental, 401k, flexible work hours, paid time off and more) and a great work environment. If you are ready to grow, let’s talk! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.