Join the RF Code Team
RF Code is searching for an experienced Technical Product Manager to define and drive new features for the next generation of our software products.
RF Code’s solutions deliver intelligence for the data center, empowering our customers to avoid risk, and increase efficiency through real-time physical asset and environmental management. Our solution, which includes both hardware and software components, has been deployed at hundreds of enterprise-class customers around the globe including IBM, Dell, HP, Bloomberg, and CenturyLink…plus many more that we aren’t allowed to mention.
We are committed to fostering a fun, stimulating work environment that focuses on collaboration and results while encouraging a healthy work-life balance. We attract some of the best talent in the industry with opportunities to learn and grow while making a real contribution to the success of our customers and our business.
As Software Technical Product Manager, you will participate in the development of product strategy and roadmaps, develop a clear backlog of actionable, prioritized requirements, and act as the primary point of contact between the hardware engineering team and other stakeholders. If you are someone who can manage change over the lifecycle of a project – leading with vision, planning with foresight, executing with precision – then this is a great role for you.
- Represent customers and stakeholders in our agile development process in the role of Product Owner. Facilitate direct customer and stakeholder participate when appropriate.
- Develop and maintain requirements that are aligned with the product roadmap, customer needs, and business plans.
- Drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion while communicating clear requirements to the team.
- Monitor and communicate project status to stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Director of Product Management and Marketing, the Hardware Technical Product Manager, the UX Architect, and the Director of Software Engineering to execute a unified product vision.
- Work closely with the Support team to prioritize and manage customer issues that escalate to the software engineering team.
- Maintain a focus on quality, superior user experience, and timeliness with the team.
- Explore and champion new ideas, markets and technology. Drive product innovation and advocate for smart risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, technology or business.
- 3+ years of experience in Technical Product Management, preferably with enterprise software.
- 6+ years of relevant experience with software; a technical background with enterprise software is preferred. First-hand experience with data centers is a significant plus.
- Strong people skills, with an ability to interact and build consensus with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders spanning all organizational levels. A positive attitude is a must.
- Superb project management skills and a solid track record working in an agile methodology such as Scrum. Accountability in delivering on customer and business commitments is critical. Scrum Product Owner Certification or familiarity with the Pragmatic Marketing Framework is a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with experience writing user stories, use cases, acceptance criteria, and other functional requirements in a way easily implementable by the software engineering team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with emphasis on making data-driven decisions.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be:
- Familiar with best practices in the areas of user experience, localization, and accessibility.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated, proactively identifying problems, and proposing solutions without being asked.
- Willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience, and learn from others.
- Able to work out of our Austin office, with occasional travel as needed.
RF Code is headquartered in Austin, TX, with offices and partners in Europe, Australia, Asia, and South America, and is an equal opportunity employer. RF Code offers excellent benefits (equity, medical, dental, 401k, flexible work hours, paid time off and more) and a great work environment. If you are ready to grow, let’s talk! Please send your resume to email@example.com.